Monday, August 18, 2008

Jubilee Weekend

This weekend Virginia and I were blessed to be with our former church family at Sugar Grove. Closing out what SG called a Year of Jubilee, we got to be part of celebrating ten years in the new facility that opened in 1998.

We flew Thursday and got to spend time with many friends Thursday, Friday and then Saturday morning. Saturday evening there was a special celebration to introduce the new CD entitled Sing with Me. Jeremy did several of the arrangements, recorded and produced the CD for SG, so they invited he and Amber for the weekend as well, and the two of them sang with the group as they introduced the new songs.

Sunday VJ sang with the praise team, while Josh Kasinger and I did a tag-team thing to lead worship. It's been a while since I led for two services. Mark had a wonderfully appropriate lesson, and it was just a very meaningful service.

We got back home last night, tired but happy to have been able to spend time with folks who have meant so much to us... and still do. Great weekend!!

2 comments:

Philip said...

I'm always amazed at your relationships with former churches. Normally, ministers have a turn and burn experience.

It speaks volumes about your ministry.

Hot Flashin' Momma said...

Rick, I wish I had known you guys were going to be here! Ah, maybe next time.

I don't think that I have seen you and Virginia since 1997/98 ish. Jay and I were watching our wedding video not that long ago and I was thinking of you guys.

Much love,
Heather